Acrylic plaques and trophies are a popular and affordable alternative to glass. While they are less fragile than glass, they can still be damaged over time. Here are some tips on how to maintain and take care of your acrylic plaque or trophy:
- Avoid Scratches: Acrylic is susceptible to scratching, so it’s essential to handle items with care and avoid stacking or piling acrylic plaques or trophies on top of each other. While scratches can be removed using a plastic polish, it is always best to prevent them from occurring in the first place.
- Clean Regularly: To maintain the appearance of your acrylic plaque or trophy, it’s crucial you clean them regularly to remove dust and fingerprints. To clean the acrylic surface, use a soft, lint-free cloth or microfiber cloth to gently wipe away the dirt or dust. Avoid using abrasive cleaners and harsh chemicals such as ammonia or bleach, which can cause damage.
- Store Properly: Proper storage of acrylic plaques and trophies is equally important to protect them from damage. Store them in a dry, clean place, away from direct sunlight and moisture. Avoid exposure to heat sources as that can cause warping, discoloration or cracks.
- Handle with Care: Acrylic is lightweight, and it may sometimes give the impression that it is not as delicate as glass. Nevertheless, it is essential to handle items with care and to avoid exposing it to shocks, bumps, or extreme pressure – which can cause cracks or shatter even though it is less prone to breakages than glass.
- Repair Scratches: If the acrylic plaque or trophy gets scratched, you can try buffing out the scratches with a plastic polish. Be sure to follow the instructions carefully and not use excessive force. If the scratches are deep or numerous, it may be best to contact a professional.
By following these steps, you can protect and maintain your acrylic plaque or trophy’s appearance, keeping it looking its best for many years to come.